I was surfing around the web tonight and found some truly disturbing claims made by a man going by the name of Fr. David Trosch. Apparently his faculties as a practicing RC priest were withdrawn in 1993 by Archbishop Lipscomb in Mobile, Alabama for his views justifying the murder of abortion providers.
I find his web site to be incredible… He has a section on date rape that I find particularly disturbing. Here’s an excerpt:
Concerning the degree of rape to be charged to the rapist, regarding the use of restricted force with no threat having been made (a woman must always be ready to meaningfully say no), the following associations in relation to the condition of the female should be taken into consideration :
- Was she dressed provocatively? (Form fitting and tight clothing and the percentage of lack thereof increases a females sensuality index and correspondingly decreases the validity for a claim of rape. [Absence of modest clothing above the elbow, below the collarbone, above the bottom of the calf, or a bare midriff, by degree, increases the sensuality index.] Freedom of dress incurs consequences for those who dress irresponsibly.)
- Was she wearing enticing perfumes?
- Was she in the stage of her cycle wherein she was giving off her pheromone (a scent given off that is not consciously noticeable) ?
- Were her facial expressions or bodily actions enticing or provocative?
- Did she permit or encourage petting or sexually oriented kissing?
- Did she maintain any sort of prolonged physical contact (includes hand holding)?
- In mannerisms or speech did she present herself as being sensual, that is, was she being a tease?
- Was she aware of the male having a sexually active history?
- Did she have a sexually active history which could have led to expectations?
I don’t know about you, but this crap really upsets me. I’m hoping that he doesn’t have too many followers. Why is Sr. Louise Lears cut off from receiving the Sacraments for attending an ordination, while this man is not? (At least he cannot officially preside at them.)